Saturday, August 26, 2006

Binky - post surgery

Binky had her surgery last tuesday. It went fine. She stayed in the vet hospital overnight and I picked her up on wednesday afternoon. They shaved binky's leg and it looked really weird. She looks like some kind of rodent.



Her right fron paw was also shaved. This is where the drip was injected I believe.



Today, my instructions from the vet were to remove the bandage. At first she was licking around the wound and picking on the sutures. I had to tell her off. She's stopped now.
Over the next several weeks, Binky will need physiotherapy. Basically no running and jumping for her in the next 2 weeks. Then the sutures will come out in 1.5 weeks. I'll post some photos then.

I'm also giving her warm compresses over the wound and muscle and just like a miracle, she started using the right leg a little this morning. A good sign that she'll have the use of her right hind leg.

1 comment:

B0LoG3R said...

All the best for Binky, get well soon lil dog :)