Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back to normal

Started my new job last week...

First week was hell for a person who prefers to know where things are and how they work. Being a big company, there are strict responsibility boundaries and it will take a bit of getting used to.

My office is in Baker St, not far from the fictional address of Sherlock Homes.

The tube to work is not bad. Only 3 stops and it is not as crowded as the Central line - the line I used to get to my previous work in Clerkenwell. For that you literally become a human sardine.

It is second week now and things a getting to normal levels (I think). I have now moved to a new desk - my permanent one and I'm glad I sit beside a window.

I had a couple of training sessions so far and I have one in about 20 minutes to use a system for time logging or something...

I've met several staff members and my brain overloaded by the end of last week. But most of them are interesting and seem to be good people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS, mate! you're on your way to shifting to 2nd to 6th gear.

Pogz said...

Thanks. I'm looking forward to higher gears so we can do what we came here to do.