Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hard work for nothing?

I miss blogging. I haven't blogged in a few months. Been working quite hard lately. However what I like to bitch about is how one can work so hard and not get enough credit or reward while others who do not work hard, leaves the company, thinks the company is shit, vows not to come back, goes off on holiday soemwhere, then comes back getting offered 20% more that what they were on?!

Should I be complaining? Is this simply the nature of things?

Someone once told me - "At the end of the day it is only a job." I'd like to believe that but for some reason, it is in my nature to help people. And I have a professional pride. It seems unfair.

Another person told me that I am too nice. Maybe I should be as conniving as these fuckwits and perhaps I'll get somewhere? Sad...

I wonder how many people feel this way and in the same situation as I am.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back, Pogz!

Unknown said...

there's always that saying that we can never please everyone... however, we should try to please those who matter the most, in work and in play and in life. the rest are water off a duck's back. amen.

Lovely Tots said...

Hey pal! Work's work man! Don't let all the shite get to you! If you think you deserve more, then think of all the pro-active things you can do rather than bitch about it!

Pogz said...

If there is one word you can use to describe me at work it would be "Pro-Active"! It fact "Too Pro-Active" would be more accurate. I'm not really bitching about work. I love my work...most of the time :) What I was really bitching about are those people who use others or who only do half the work but take credit for the whole work. Those people who get credited for doing things single-handedly but in fact more than half of the job was thought of and done by another person.

At the end of the day, I suppose I blame myself for being too kind. I work hard for myself - to improve myself. I have pride in my work.