Friday, June 24, 2005

Anger towards police

Am I angry with the police?

There are mixed feelings about the police. Some people are angry that the police are not doing enough. Some say they are doing the best they can with what limited resources they have.

I do agree with both view points. Unlike some people, I try not to judge someone solely from one side of the equation. I try to see both sides, look at the pros and cons then decide how I would judge a person or group of people. In this case, I do respect the police. Otherwise I'll be spitting at their faces like some crims do.

I do believe that they are under resourced and under staffed. It makes you wonder how this can be if every year the government announces that there will be extra $$$ for staffing the police. I think the government have been miscalculating the $$$ figure and staff counts. Lets us just say water evaporation is not accounted for. Go figure. (no! I'm not mad - I know what your are thinking.)

Anyway getting back to the topic, I am not angry at the police (especially not individually). I simply do not believe the police system is working.

I believe there should be more police presence to prevent crime such as rape, robbery, theft, breakins...and there should be less police on the traffic front line.

After all. The police are there to keep us secure. Not bleed us to bankruptcy.

No comments: