Thursday, June 30, 2005

Recovering from the flu

Here's my blog for today then :-)
As you may or may not know, I'm currently recovering from the flu over the weekend (not quite 100% yet, but should be back in form by Monday hopefully), so I've been drugging myself up with the usual culprits ie. Lemsip, vicks cough drops and orange juice - drank nearly 2 litres of that simply squeezed o.j. yesterday, couldn't taste a thing, but at least the texture was, how do you say, pulpy? :-)
Now back to the drugs (beautiful drugs) - I spotted this new offering from Lemsip, which is the "Lemsip Max: Cold & Flu Direct Lemon"...
Directions as per box:
How to take: For oral use. Pour the contents of one single-dose container of oral powder directly onto the tongue
Wonder if you could snort it? Or does it need something like salivary amylase to activate it?
I wouldn't think that the saliva enzymes would have to do anything with it since the primary ingredients are
Paracetamol
Phenylephrine hydrochloride
So as I was saying, I've been taking that due to me recovering from the flu. For the past couple of days, I couldn't really taste it, aside from the lingering aftertaste of lemon flavouring (surprise surprise) - however today, the distinct taste of paracetamol assaulted me... And no, I don’t eat paracetamol for the hell of it, but there are those times when you're sick and you forget to pour a glass of water before you pop a couple of panadol in your mouth, and in your zombie-like stupor you tragically, yet comically, rush to pour one before that yuck taste gets too foul...
Where was I again? Oh yeah, so basically, the Lemsip Max: Direct offering doesn't taste too pleasant, pity supermarkets can't sell Dimetap anymore...