Friday, July 28, 2006

Friendster

I've registered with friendster a few years ago but I haven't relaly been using it until a few days ago.

It all started when I joined a yahoo group called "Grace Christian Scouts" This was my old school and group when I was still in pinas. Late last week I got a Yahoo group announcement from someone who use to be my troop leader, Ross William Tan. His brother and I hang out when we were in the scouts. In fact, his brother Randy was one of the last people whom I said good bye to before coming here in 1992.

So I sent an email, said hello, and eventually I was chatting with Randy. He is now a dad and operate a barbershop and a bar and restaurant in Subic. He showed me some photos of his family and asked me to visit his Friendster accounts. So I did. He said why don't you join? There are heaps of Graceans there.

So I logged in my ancient account, saw a message left to me by El Nino 2 yrs ago...hehe..and true enough a lot of my old friends and classmates were there. So I started updating my profile, started viewing other people's profiles and added a lot of people as friends. I got a few replies back and some of them I wasn't expecting or the person wasn't who I expected them to be.

For example, one of them was Erns. I didn't realise he is really a cute Jap Girl. All these years of knowing him, he is really a she...?

I got a reply from Debbie Jane Ruste who is someone from my batch. We weren't really classmates but her cousins I do know. One was named Dennis who was a scout and the other was in my class and her name was Marilou Dyogi. Dyogi was one of a dozen girls (henceforth called the "Pretty Dozen") in my class whom I always thought were the prettiest girls in my school/batch. They were the ones always nililigawan ng mga school jocks/varsity players, etc...Dyogi did end up marrying one of them and here she is with her baby Lance.


Let's see who else is there? We have Jean who is the smallest person in our class and in the batch but she is the smartest. I think she was like Valedictorian or something.


Calina Prieto, another one of the pretty dozen, Calina is physically the opposite of Jean. She is the tallest girl and perhaps taller than 99% of the boys in school. There was this guy who had this huge crush on her and he was from a different class. But any chance he gets, he hangs around our class almost as if like he was part of our class.


Lyn Florence; I was only in the same class as her for a year I think. I'm surprised she even remembers me. I was quite below the radar I thought and wasn't part of the "in" crowd. Not to mention some students hated me.


Carren; we were never in the same class. But an old friend of mine had a huge crush on her and I often be his support when he would go mangliligaw... That was how I knew her. Been to her house a couple of times.


Fanny Marie; she was in my class and perhaps was one of the happiest people there. She always seem so carefree. She is neutral with everyone I thought.


Susan Lopez; now this person disappeared off the face of the earth before I came here to NZ. We use to hang out at her place working on group assignments. I have one thing associated with her and that is Bananarama - her fav band at the time.


Roselle (Uy); hmm....perhaps one of Lyn's best mates. I remember she was a very nice person...I've always had a soft spot for her. We use to hang out quite a bit in freshman year when we were in the same class.


Roselle (Teodosio); One of my best friends in school. We were quite close and her brother was also a very good friend of mine. He wasn't happy about it...heheh..


There were quite a few of them I saw. I saw my old high school crush, Rhea. The whole class knew I had a big crush on her but I was as torpe as I can be and it went no where.


Here are some of my quiet class mates: Tiffany, Michelle, and Cherry are among a few.


By now you must be wondering why all the ones here are girls? well, some of them I knew since I was in elementary school but in my school, the high school classrooms are arrange differently. Each year was divided to around 10 classrooms. One of these classrooms was called the "star class" if I remember correctly. The 40 or so students here are kinda like the top of the year level and it is composed of mainly girls. There were only 10 of us boys. I remember in Filipino and English subjects we use to have plays like Shakespeare and Noli Me Tangere...it was difficult for us to divide into groups because of the shortage of boys.


When I was freshman high school student, I was in section 7 or something. But for the last two years of high school in pinas, I managed to get into the star classes. I'm not sure how it works though because there are other really smart people in other classes which I feel should have been in my places...hmmm..dunno...


Also in our class was the Principal's grand daughter Rachel. One of her wedding photo is here.


Also in the photo are some I already covered above...plus Maureen Yu (bottom right with bouquet) and Jacqueline Ching (red dress), both are in the "Pretty Dozen". Maureen Yu is the daughter of the famous Manila architect "Willie C Yu". The girl in blue is probably the most tomboy girl of our batch and her name is Kevin...no shit.


Will see if I can get more "friends" added to my list. As I said, I was pretty low under the radar and most of the guys in my class hated me...so...

3 comments:

Shakoo said...

suh-weeeet :-) dunno why, but i tend to stay away from those social networking sites... good on ya anyway :-)

popcorn said...

thanks, that's a nice description *blush*

btw, I wasn't the valedictorian, that's carlo :)

- jean

Unknown said...

2 years 'til the message got read, jezus-bajeezus! better late than never, i guess.