Sunday, July 16, 2006

Wanted: Real judges for NZ Idol

I find it interesting to watch reality shows and in this instance it is the NZ Idol. Not because I want to laugh at some terrible hopefuls (like the Oh no girl, The prison break dude, and diet Rick Astley) but because there are some fairly good ones. Of course NZ is always short of good singing talent when it comes to idols (compared to Australia and of course USA) but there are still some.

But that is not what I'm writing about today. I am writing about the terrible judges (except Frankie Stevens) such as Paul Ellis, Fiona Macdonald, Jackie Clarke, and now Iain Stables and Megan Alatini. I've made antry about this before and after seeing the first episode of NZ Idol, I feel I need to vent some disappointment again. In my first entry I complained mainly about Megan Alatini who was a member of the group "True Bliss" - a product of a similar "popstar" competition format that made the Spice Girls. But True Bliss didn't last that long which was my argument against Megan as a choice for NZ Idol judge. I felt she does not have the right to be there. I thought Carly Binding (another True Bliss ex-member) was the better choice. But today, I'm willing to give her the chance.

Iain Stables on the other hand is a radio man who don't even like pop music so what the hjell is he doing in a pop music competition??? The whole episode Frankie was apologising for Iain Stables' negative comments to some contestants saying Iain doesn't really like R&B or Iaian is not into pop...he clearly is a rock person. Were the organisers of NZ idol so desperate to find a nasty judge?

Let's see the next few episodes and hopefully it becomes better. Just remember judges, I do not want to here "You made it your own!" comments.

No comments: