Saturday, November 18, 2006

Home Brew: Day 6

This morning SG was measured at 1.016 - same as yesterday morning. I was hoping that it would go down further but this is not the case. For all I know this is normal for this beer recipe (Mac's Pale Ale). So I decided to wait unitl tonight and take another measurement sicne I started the brew around this time on sunday.

After dinner, I took another sample and still the same measurement. I read the instructions again and it turns out I was taking the SG measurements incorrectly. This is ok I thgouht since my method was consitent for all measurements. But just to compar how much different it would have been, I followed the instructions to the letter and took a reading. It turns out it is not all that different...The reading ended up higher at 1.018.

The fact remains that the SG didn't change for 24 hours and according to the instructions, this indicates that it is time to bottle. I toook out the new bottles, added some more sugar as instructed and started bottling the beer using the bottle filler provided. This special nozzle made it much easier to bottle the beer.

So now I have 14 and half bottles of beer on the wall, 14 and a half bottles of beer. We will wait for 3 weeks and let the beer mature even more and maybe we'll be able to enjoy 14 and half of bottles of beer on the wall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what name and label are you going put on the 14 and a half bottles of beer on the wall?

Pogz said...

Actually they don't have labels yet but I'm open to suggestions

Unknown said...

any names yet? wottabout NATH Brewery produced MASON beer?