Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A bad BK experience

I like BK...I like the food. Among all the burger chains here in NZ, BK and Wendy's are both on top there for me.

Anyway, went to BK West City yesterday and had a bad service experience. Nothing so bad that I'd come out fuming...more like a disappointment-tupe bad experience.

First of all, the floor is very sticky. But a lot of fast food places have similar floors mainly caused by kids spilling their drinks. I think this is more common in BK because you get free refills. Ok...so I'm over that...moving on...

I placed an order...waited a few minutes then there was a boy who just received his fries and asked for ketchup. The girl said they had none. For a burger chain this is bad. You cannot serve fries without ketchup...that's ok...I'll let it pass...moving on...

I got my cup so I went to the machine and got myself a coke...there were no lids...first it was the ketchup then now no lids....hmmm...ok..It's 3pm and I'm hungry...moving on...

Got my order and sat at one of the tables inside. This was the only table without rubbish on it. Normally I'm fine with that because I leave rubbish on tables myself. I think I paid for food and services at BK so services should include cleaning up after me. But the other tables also have dirty/soiled surfaces. It looked like they haven't been wiped since the morning. It is hard to see in the photos but I'm posting them anyway.






Then we started noticing that there are unusually high number of black dots flying...flies are all around. I looked over across the room and found both rubbish bins are wide open. One didn't have a rubbish bag in it and flies are crawling in and out of it.

The other one by the entrance is extremely full.

This was around 3pm. The queues are not that long. In fact when I approached the counter I waited for a total of 5 seconds and it was my turn. There were around 2-3 counters open.

I do not think this branch deserved an 'A' from the council.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

good review! i reckon you should contact both the council and BK head office (public relations department or something similar) and send them these photos. grade A it is most certainly not!

Pogz said...

already have and both have acknowledged receipt of my email...:)

Jiggasaurus said...

hahaha.. lol pogz you Narcker! Next time just put on your chinese accent and pretend that you're from the Waitak City Council and demand to speak to the shift manager. Tell him that he better get this place shaped up pronto or you will report it. Come back 15 minutes later and I bet it'll be done. I so would do it.. ;)