Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bloody hell...

Just came back from the airport to see off my brother. He, his fiancee and future mother-in-law are going to the Philippines to get the wedding stuff... He's the first out of us brothers (that were born in the Philippines) to go back to the Philippines after nearly 20 years of never been back :-) his fiancee has, of course, been back to the Philippines several times since they immigrated to NZ...

So they'll be spending 8 days in Manila, during which he'll be going to meet the rest of his fiancee's relatives, which would be rather interesting as my brother can primarily only understand bisaya... Oh, that and the fact that his way of trying to brush-up on his tagalog has been to spend the past couple of months watching several filo movies :-)
Then after Manila, they are off to cebu for another 11 days (or thereabouts) where the roles are reversed since his fiancee can't speak bisaya :-)

So when I came back to work, I decided to walk to the supermarket, which is about 100 meters away... The heavens suddenly opened up with big fat heavy raindrops... To cut a long story short, I had to gap it back to work and now I'm sitting here in my pink (it's pink damnit, not salmon) rather soaked, waiting for the aircon to do it's thing... I've toyed with the idea of using the hand-dryers in the toilets (a la Mr. Bean), but since our toilets are unisex, it'd look kinda weird me standing there trying myself off with the hot air like that...

*sigh* another day in the life of me...

No comments: