Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Master training


Just an update on Binky…Binky is now 6 months old – turning 7 in 3 weeks. I’m happy that she’s grown out of her biting and chewing habits. She still likes to bite and chew on her own toys but not people’s fingers and toes. Her hair is growing quite long and I have had to trim her twice in the past 3 months.

She’s also toilet trained now. Unless it is a real emergency, she would conduct her business outside the house. She can hold it for longer periods of time now.

There was a stage when she will bark and things like shadows and trees; especially the neighbour’s cat. Now she only still barks at the cat but she jumps more now – playing tag with the cat on top of the fence.

There is one new thing that she’s developed. She started humping about a month ago starting with Bolog3r’s leg. I hope she grows out of this one, too.

One thing she developed since the beginning was playing fetch. It started when she was still small. She had the instinct of returning a ball to you after you’ve thrown it away. Now this is very evident. She will bring a ball or one of her toys to you and wait for you to throw it. She even understands me when I tell her to bring the ball closer so I can throw it. She will obediently (most of the time) grab the ball and bring it to you within arm’s reach. She’ll do this for hours and sometimes can become annoying and tiring.

My question is, did I train her to fetch? Or did she train me to throw?

1 comment:

B0LoG3R said...

My leg is irresistible to dogs, even a girlie one heheh... it's been a while since we last saw her, she must be a lot bigger now...

and yep, she trained u to throw objects...