Saturday, March 11, 2006

Groceries

I went food shopping today...actually lemme start at the beginning.

Pogz's log 11th March, 2006. This morning I did my usual saturday chore of giving my dog a bath. Nothing special except I've realised how much she's grown. I had to use a lot more shampoo now to make sure I have enough suds to clean her fur.

After that I took Jessica in for a service. It is different for a bike. Because the engine is smaller and more delicate, a bike needs to be serviced every 6,000 km (compared to 10,000 to a car). I found this jacket on sale except I am not comfortable in this jacket. But then again I am not sure how a leather riding jacket should fit. I was quite tempted to get it and tried it on at least 3 times and kept in on for a while hoping it would stretch. In the end I eneded up not getting it.

Came home a few hours later and did my other chores like vacuuming the carpet. I also did the laundry and washed all the tiled floors. Which reminds me, I need to get one of those good mops...

Went to do some grocery shopping...didn't buy much but I was hungry for meat. For the whole week I hardly had anything else but carrots and pumpkin. Due to a sudden change in plans, my mother-in-law had to get rid of them so I took them in to care for them in my tummy. So a got lots of meat like lamb and beef...In fact I'm cooking some lamb shanks right now in the slow cooker.

At the supermarket, I also bought 8 bottles of coke. I got 8 because that is the limit for today's special. When I got to the counters, I saw one which was virtually free. So I strolled towards this counter and the cashier saw me...as I approached the girl said, "Excuse me, 12 items or less only". I told her I have 8 bottles of coke which you can scan as one item times 8...she ask how many other items I have and I said "...uumm...9.." - which was true. So really she will only be scanning 10 items and this cleary falls under the "12 items or less" requirement. I asked if it was ok and she say "yes..."

I just thought I'd mention this because is this rule really strict? She wasn't really smiling while serving me so perhaps she was having a bad day..? There was no one behind me and by the time someone queued behind me I was outta there as if I really had 12 items or less.

It's dinner time now...I thought of having a "Rookworst" for dinner. I've always like these sausages. Any european sausage with "worst" at the end of its name, I am willing to try. The instructions say...
To cook: Simmer for 20 mins (dp not boil) or microwave in bag for approx 1.5
mins.
Seeing as I am quite hungry, I decided I'd follow the nuke procedure. I was about to put the bag in the microwave oven when I noticed this silvery bit at the end of the sausage...they are pieces of metal that hold the ends shut! WTF? Am I suppose to microwave this with the metal? It did say "...microwave in bag..." What if I didn't see it? I would have caused some explosions! Didn't the sausage maker "Verkerks" think of that?

Anyway that reminded me of creating a blog entry for today so I wrote this entry before having dinner ... and now I'm really really hungry...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

one thing that i've come to realise lately is that no matter how kind we are to others, there will be those who will be our total opposites. so, good on you for keeping your cool along the express way.