Monday, March 06, 2006

Purpose of being here

This morning, like many mornings, I woke up from a strange dream. Like many others, I usually forget about this dream in 10 minutes. During this period, my mind switches from the dream world to the real world...first question that pops into my head (apart from thinking I need to pee or I need to let the dog out) is usually What am I doing here? What is my purpose?
 
Is there something else I need to be doing? Is there somewhere else I needed to be? Perhaps helping out in wildlife conservation programs in africa or maybe enlisting in the military. Perhaps I should be living in a different country. I think about this most of the time even while commuting on the way to work. At work is where reality's reality sets in...I stop thinking about it. There's work to do...
 
 

No comments: