Monday, November 28, 2005

Prima Donna

Several months ago we all took photos for our new security ID access cards. We were all told then that the same photos will be posted on our intranet site. The execs suggested this becuase we have hundreds of people in the office and without the photos, there is no face to the names unless you have dealt with them personally. Also this can help when you are looking for someone who works in a different department.

Two weeks ago, I was instructed to upload/update the new photos up into the intranet. So I started putting them on. Surprise, surprise...conspirer_1 complained to me immediately and "demanded" for his one to be taken down. I of course tried to but somehow due to some
unexplained event, my comptuer decided to crash and it took 30 minutes for me to get it back up again. This made conspirer_1 very angry. He was red! Almost funny...but I know the type of fuss he can create so I tried my best to take it down fast. He made such a huge deal of this -
he tattled to conspirer_2 and conspirer_3!. All three conspirer somehow have problems with having their photos taken. I don't usually blame people if they are shy but these three are not. They are more like Prima Donnas thinking they are better than everyone else and demand a whole lot of things. Conspirer_3 emailed me straight away and kindly asked me (surprisingly kind and calm) to take her photo down.
Which I did of course and I decided to ask conspirer_2 is she wants her one to be taken down as well. She said yes of course.

I told them that it was an executive order from HR and COO/Administration but I do not think they believe me. In fact, I'm willing to bet they think I'm a liar and was doing this just for fun.

Anyway, I went to HR and told them what happened and HR told me I did the right thing (to take it down temporarily). They were of course surprised because the three conspirers complained that this is a breach of privacy. I contacted the privacy commissioner (or whatever
his title is) and he said it shouldn't be a problem if the owners of the information were told before hand what the info is gonna be used for. In this case they all were. They simply deny it and the keyphrase here is Prima Donna...Apparently two of them complained to HR and the
head also threatened to complain to HR. I told the COO later and he could not believe the three conspirers went on such great lengths complaining about it...

It's been quiet since I took them down but I was so pissed off because they don't seem to believe me that it was an executive order, second they think I was doing it just to poke fun at them, and lastly these three think they are all that and think they are better than everyone
else! Even the top 2 highest ranking people have their photos up there!

The big question is, why don't they like having their photos there?

conspirer_1 has always been like that. He claims that the company may use his photo to submit to other companies like they do for awards and stuff. He doesn't like that. There is this annual awards and everytime he submits his application, he'll use his high school photo (which of
course was decades old). The awards council will send it back and ask for a more up to date photo and he will simply send back the same photo. This can go for several trips and in the end the council will simply give in. A bit childish if you ask me. To him it is more about safety. He always claims he's got a stalker (there is really no proof except his word which at this time is not 100% believable). Apparently there was this stalker who was a mental hospital patient. He also
complains about this other guy named Russell Brown. Russell use to work in the same radio station as him. conspirer_1 hates Russell because he thinks he is up himself and promoting hiimself all the time in the media as the "Internet Expert" which of course conspirer_1
thinks the title belongs to him. So I think you can see why he is a Prima Donna. He doesn't wear his id at work at all which is a breach of the security policy.

conspirer_2 had a different story. Of course I cannot confirm her story. She claims when she was born with a deformed upper lip or something like that. So for a while doctors were trying to fix it and everytime will take photos of it to monitor the healing. I think this would have been done when she was really young (most probably before she started talking) and everyone knows, it is not easy (in fact almost impossible) to remember anything before the time you started talking. Heck I don't even remember much before high school.
Anyway...there is nothign wrong with her now. She is just a plain Prima Donna... who thinks everyone should listen to alternative rock. She also likes gossipping about people she gossips with. She also doesn't wear her id at work which is a breach if the security policy.

conspirer_3 is the youngest of all. She doesn't like showing her photo. Her one is a bit of a weird situation. I do not remember her being like this when she first started working here. Yet now, she talks like conspirer_2. Her partner is a cop. She appeared once of twice in shortland street as an extra I think..I seem to recall that. Not that I watch shortland street all the time (ahem...) I think she only complains about this id thing because of conspirer_2. She does wear her id at work but she puts a picture of a cat on top of her photo. Somewhat a breach of security policy if you ask me. How can you identify a person without seeing the id photo? She's one of those who
thinks everyone else is wrong..like you should listen to that radio station because I do not...that sort of thing. She and her cop partner are being gossipped upon by conspirer_2 and tag_along_1...

oh who is tag_along_1? She is this person who always tags_along conspirer_2 and conspirer_3 like they are all best friends. In fact conspirer_2 always talk about the other two behind their backs. tag_along_1 is apparently suicidal - as revealed by conspirer_2 openly. Funny thing is, I thik it may be true because tag_along_1 is always longing for attention and now acts like conspirer_2. And she is not even their age. tag_along_1 is like twice conspirer_3's age. Very
weird I think as I never see older people hang out with the younger crowd like that. Except of course conspirer_1 who hangs with university students...and he is like their grandpa. tag_along_1 recenly also asked for her photo to be taken off the intranet. Funny
thing is, her photo has always been there and its been there for months and months until she met conspirer_2 and conspirer_3.

Anyway...enough of this work politics. Why can't all people just be nice?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

don't give them the audience that they are craving to get from you and everyone else. sounds like i need to stalk some people when i visit the city of sails once more. ;)