Monday, December 05, 2005

Bloody oil slick

Had an accident today. I was riding to work and behind my building there is this bend where someone (presumably a boat owner pulling a boat) left a line of some kind of oil slick. It didnt look like an oil slick. It was drizzling that morning so it looked like some wet line.

My turn line just turned out to be exactly where this line is and before I knew it, my tyres lost grip. I felt it. With a second, I was sideways and hit the ground.

I heard the bike grind against the road. That horrible grinding sound. The damage could have been worse though.

Two guys from the tackle shop in that corner came out and asked if I was ok. They said I was the second bike that slid that morning. Later today, somebody spreaqd some sand or kitty litter on the road to absorb the oil.

I phoned the police and apparently several people reported this oil slick as well. I said I wanted to file a report/complaint but then the lady on the phone asked me to go to the station to file this report. This brought back memories of previous reports I made. How useless they are. I didn't think it was worth the time to go as they won't do anything anyway. Why? Because nobody died. Only when someone is dead will the police come out and investigate. Even then they probably won't even do a good job. And people wonder why so many hate the cops.

Jessica is bruised. Scratches on her left side. I'm bruised on my left elbox and left knee. The bruised knee didn't come out until the following they. I presume it was knocked by the tank. My elbox hit the road.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

pare, glad to know YOU're ok. ingatz na lang for next time. sorry about jessica, too. jlo sends her regards.