Friday, December 16, 2005

Work Christmas Function




Wheeeee :-)

Had a brilliant xmas function yesterday :-)

Left from work in a party bus overflowing with champagne :-) One of the managers must've blackmailed one of the long-haul flight attendants to service the bus in the new air new zealand air crew uniform :-)

So she got in to the act and did the usual announcements etc... So we were on Flying Low Airlines, flight number B-O-O-Z-E :-) we were then given those Santa hats with the flashing stars on them, the left side of the bus (my side) were given red hats, and the right side were given gold hats.

First stop was at Toby's Jug for lunch. Prior to getting off the bus, we had a game called "I did it Thai way" (cast your mind back to Prescilla - Queen of the Dessert), wherein 2 female volunteers (one from each team) had to pop a ping-pong ball in to their mouth and pop it to another team member who stood a couple of rows away with a bucket in hand... Each ping-pong ball had a letter with a numerical value (think scrabble) - so in the second part of this activity, we had to put together the word with the highest value from the balls that were available :-) Gold team cheated by creating several words, but linked scrabble-like, whereas we came up with 'EXQUISITELY' - winning that contest :-)

Then back on to the bus for more champers, next stop Villa Maria vineyards, for a wine-tasting session^_^ before getting off the bus, we had to write a work-secret down on a piece of paper, for a game that was to be played after the piss-up, errr wine-tasting session... the chardonnay was yum, the sauvignon blanc was alright, the riesling was mmmm, never been a big fan of merlot so didn't rate that too highly... The organisers had put out too many sets of wines, and since I don't like things going to waste, I polished those ones off as well :-)

Shambling on to the bus, we were on to our next destination - woolworths in greenlane to pick up more beers, as those were running low... Enroute, we played the game with the secrets that we'd written prior to getting off the bus at the vineyard. Everyone had to put up their hands, and whenever their secret was read out, or a secret that applied to them, they had to put their hands down... Secrets such as "I was a pole dancer thru university" and "I'm secretly in love with my project manager" came out :-) bloody brilliant really :-)

Got to the supermarket in greenlane, and I just had to get some cheeseburgers for some reason :-) mmmmm cheeseburgers :-) one of the project managers had this drunkenly brilliant idea that it would be nice to have a real christmas tree on the party bus, so he bought one :-) the bus driver wouldn't let it on to the bus tho, so it went in to the carriage :-)

Next stop, movenpik in mission bay... Bloody hell that ice cream was melting fast, and in the state of sobriety that I was in (or lack thereof), I couldn't help but drip some on my shirt... Luckily enough, the managers broke out the waterguns and squirted everyone :-) the air hostess got a bit wet as well, and as I was getting on to the bus I couldn't help my make the super-astute comment of "you're kinda wet there" - to which she promptly replied "what a brilliant observation kit!" ^_^

Then off it was to town, where we spent a few more hours at the loaded hog drinking :-) I mistakenly told thea that I was at the Dog's Bollix instead of the hog, so I don't think she was all that impressed :-)

I'd have to say, that was the best work xmas functions, that I've been to :-) can't wait to see what they'll come up with next year :-)

No comments: