Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Cunningness Misplaced

On my way to work, there I was at the traffic light of the Nelson
Street Exit of the N/W M'Way. There was this fella standing by the
traffic light post. He was wearing a uniform which I've dismissed as a
cop uniform since I couldn't see any cop cars parked around there. I
said to myself...that is weird. Why would someone like that (possibly
a fireman or security guard) be standing there?

He wasn't doing anything to the pole. In fact he was facing the other
way with his back towards me. However, I could see his hands doing
listing something and touching his radio once in a while. I ignored
him for the time being...

The light went green and as I went around the bend, there they are the
about 200 metres in. A cop car blocked the left most lane complete
with orange cones. Cops were standing in front of the car. Looking
right, there are a couple of cop bikes and one just pulled over a grey
car from one of the centre lanes...I mean CENTRE lanes! I suspect the
car ran a red or something...

This rush hour people! Why would they disrupt traffic like that.
Nelson street is one of the busiest streets in town especially during
rush hour! Then there is this business of pulling over cars from the
centre lane and there are at least half a dozen cars disrupted on the
right lanes.

I must say it is a cunning techinique. Without the car, the cop on the
corner didn't look suspicious. No one would have thought he was part
of a revenue-gathering team. However, I am appalled by the timing. Why
can't they do this later in the day!? More importantly, why can't they
use this techinique and use their cunningness with real police work
like catching crims?

No comments: