Friday, April 25, 2008

Iron Man UK Charity Premiere

After the last blog entry, we decided to go to the National Gallery to have another look at the artwork. When we had enough, we came out for a bit of fresh air but instead of making our way home, we decided to go on a detour towards Leicester Square where the Iron Man premiere was going to take place. Around this time, a long white limo drives by slowly beside us on the right. I thought…hmmm. I wonder if the stars are starting to arrive…


So we started standing with the crowd beside the iron fences (no pun intended). 45 minutes later the first celeb was driven in and it was Hayley Westenra! I said “hey look! Is that Hayley?” The kids in front of us said “who?” I said “Hayley Westenra. She is a New Zealander. A singer…” They all went quiet for a sec but since the kids were there with their autograph books, they probably thought what the hell…the three started yelling “HAYLEY!!!” But she never came to our side. All I got was this…


A couple of other Limos came with “unknown people” – i.e. not known to me…Then came Robert Downey Jr. He playd Tony Stark / Iron Man of course.


But the bastard wouldn’t come to our side of the crowd so all I got are shots of his back. These are is the clearest ones.

Then this guy came. Jon Favreau - the director; I know his face from other movies but never knew his name. Jon walked right in front of us and signed a few autographs.

Here’s a nice surprise! Gwyneth is here! I didn’t recognise her at first…but she’s got really long legs and her long legs are pretty much the only thing you’ll notice while she’s posing in front of the photographers…

Here’s her just out of the car…

And her as she walked toward us


But she started walking the other way!!! Arggghhh!!!


After her was Terence Howard (Jim Rhodes)…Again he walked to our side of the crowd. In fact he was the only guy who went around the whole crowd…



Anyway, all-in-all it was a good experience. I now know where to stand when there are world premieres in Leicester Square…the only question is how long will I be standing there.

This time round we stood there for 1.5 hrs and my legs almost gave in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Green Hulk Smash!!

Great work, mate!