Friday, April 25, 2008

Something is always happening at Leicester Square

I think I've mentioned before that Leicester square is a very happening place. Lots of theatres, chinatown is just on the other side, lots of half-priced tickets for shows, and the Odeon Theatre seem to be a regular premiere venue for movies.

Our office is around the corner (and by office I mean the Internet Cafe). So we've been here pretty much everyday. We'd take turns using the computer and the other person would take a walk outside or as far as 3-4 blocks down to Picadilly and Regent Street where the bigger shops are. Just today I realised that walking to the right of the internet cafe is the National Art Gallery. So I might spend some time there in the coming days until I start work on Monday.

The other day we were just walking pass the L Square looking for food (not that there are no available food. on the contrary there are too many to choose from - at least for me) and we saw a cordon off area for the world premiere of "What Happens in Vegas". Later that night Ashton Kucher came to visit. No we didn't stay stargazing...

Today I walked out to the square again looking for a the post office. And guess what I saw...

Yes I think it is a launch of the Iron Man movie! Big trucks putting up signs and setting up stages.

In the corner of my eye I saw something else...It was a kind of carnival ride...


And since it is ....
I went on. Not bad. The ride is a preview of the movie where Ironman was testing his suit for the first time.


After the ride, I got this poster....



2 comments:

Unknown said...

i know that's hot rod red, but colour me green!!

Pogz said...

then I'll call you hulk after you see the next post..