Friday, August 05, 2005

Orange-glazed Marshmallow Layer

7.15am - Early morning ride on West Harbour heading east towards Albany. I prefer warm summer days but crisp winter mornings like these, I can't complain. Better dry than wet I always say. I bet farmers disagree.

This morning was very frosty. There was a fog blanket covering most of Auckland. You can literally see the layer around 50 feet high. When you raise your hand it seems you can almost touch it. As you go along the orange thing in the sky becomes clearer as the glare is absorbed by the thick fog. You can make out the edges of the sun.

Heading further downhill is the upper harbour bridge. The whole area ia engrossed in fog. If it was any darker, it will remind me of dark spooky bridge scenes in horror movies. The ones where they always cross slowly and from the other side comes a faint shadow of a zombie. No zombie this time though.

It was quite cold. I think I may have frost bite on my thighs...but the view was great.

No comments: