Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Stress Management

It's been a busy week.


Last week, someone from my work got fired (to put it simply). Officially, they merged 2 roles into 1 or another way of putting it, they've out sourced one role then made 2 employees apply for the one remaining role. Anyway you put it, I still think one person got fired. I say that because there are three people in my team who has been trying to get him fired for ages (months) but this person's team has been trying to support him. However his sales figures still did not meet expectations so the weight had finally shifted over. I feel sorry for this dude. True he is a hyperactive person but I think this is due to his religious beliefs. Being a Christian made him very energetic for life, etc. Since the three who are against him didn't believe in God, they always made fun of him, called him names, etc...find ways to put him down. He never gave up though. Some people called him clueless...I really don't have much opinion on this as it is the company's choice to fire him and it is none of my business to comment on his religion and his individuality. I just hope that the three people who campaigned so much for firing him do not split into 2:1. The 1 being the other person who got the sales role. Because if she doesn't meet expectations, the other 2 will betray and turn their backs against her. It is how they work. Fair enough you say...true..if you don't meet expectations then I guess you will be judged. But the previous person got judged not only for his job performance but for his personality and religion. Good luck to him. And I am going to say to him, God Speed.


Enough about that. Monday was also busy. The usual new issue business. Yesterday I had my stress management course all morning. A colleague took the same course and came out stressed. I can understand. While in the course all the intructor asked of us was to think of stressful situations...thinking about them made some of us stressed. One thing I cannot quite believe though...the instructor mentioned that one of the ways to relieve stress is to have a drink. It does work but I think if you encourage it, it can become a problem. Weird...Writing stressful situations out on paper (or electronically) is another way to deal with it..I guess this blog is useful after all. We'll see how it goes. I hope I learnt something.

No comments: