Sunday, October 02, 2005

Back with the old I guess

National leader Don Brash finally conceded ... Helen Clark is again NZ's Prime Minister and we again have a Labour-led government.

While some may disagree, I do think this is NOT the best for NZ. In fact, more than 70 percent of people at my work disagree with this result.

No it is not the rich people voting! None of us at work are rich folks. Just normal people. Not the highly paid tv/news type of people.

Personally one of the changes I want to see is the improvement of the Police System so that the police will better protect and serve the people who ultimately are their employers. I do not want to pay cops to gather more revenue from me. I want the police to investigate crime no matter how small and not wait until a dairy worker gets killed because every other complaint in the area was ignored.

Taxes. While taxes are essential for the running of the country, I do not believe in paying more than I should so that the government will have too much of a surplus. I do not believe in people living off dole. Yes, benefits can help some people get back on their feet or survive through studying. But I've paid enough tax to repay what I received and much much more.

Yehey for the student loan holders?!? Student loan interests will be written off by Labour. Is this for all student loan holders? Or is it just for the students? Abolishing the interest rates will encourage new students to borrow more. What about working people with student loans? Don't they get interest write offs? Oh yeah...now that they are working, they are forgotten..no wait! They're not forgotten. These are the people who will be funding the new students!

Roading and public transport. These two are in conflict. Some people say roading is more important especially for businesses. While others prefer public transport. Personally, I think we need both. We need roads so businesses can transport goods. So that people who build this country can go to work. Public transport cannot do that - "Hey boss, hurry up with my deliveries. I need to catch the 470 bus!". In saying that we do need public transport for "public transport" We have a pathetic train system. Our bus system is not so efficient. Hopefully Helen can give us more roads and more public transport.

I only know a few people who support Labour. I am not criticising you for voting for the government who you think is going to serve your best interest. In fact, we all vote for the government we think is going to serve us best. In a way we are all selfish. But one thing I do find is that some people tend to choose a government based on what they want in the near future. Such as within the government's term. I made that mistake once as a student. Now that I'm not a student anymore, the government has forgotten about me.

Somehow the government can only see the lazy as folks and continue to give them benefits and shit. They don't contribute to society! What about prisoners? I hear they get fed a lot with motel like facilities. They are in a rehab program, not on holiday!

The Greens...what about them tree-huggers huh? Look dudes, I care about nature and trees and I am against polluting the earth and shit but the Greens are going to take us back into the stone age. That caveman Nandor Tancos is definitely in the "stoned" age. Apparently he is now goign to the bush to medidate since he lost his seat. While you're at it you probably want to tend to your hydroponics eh?

What is it with the GE debate? Granted, GE can be dangerous if not used properly but banning it does not help progress. We are not gods but if "God" gave us the brains then I do not see why we can't use it to better ourselves. All we need is better regulation.

*sigh* enough ranting...good morning...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

there might yet still be room in politics for you, buddy! :)