Friday, July 15, 2005

Definition of Pervert

Noun: pervert
A person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior

I ask you. When does asking a question, about where a person is, becomes the definition of a perv?

Yesterday I came to work as usual walking up the stairs. There was this woman following me up the stairs. I looked at her and thought she must work downstairs on the 3rd floor since I do not know her. I turned around and carried on. Went to my desk and started working and carrying out my morning to-dos.

About an hour later, I went to get the mail for the department from reception. I walked passed the advertising department and saw that woman. So I asked one of my colleagues and said.."Hey where is LR?". She told me she hasn't arrived to work. I said.."I see. So she still works here? Who is that person? (sitting where L usually sits)". I ask this question because this company has a high staff turnover. She told me her name was (mumble, mumble) and that Lisa is now sitting over there (pointing to the next desk). I nodded and accepted her answer and walked on towards reception to get our mail.

Later that day, my colleague went to another colleague of mine and said that I am such a perv. I was asking where LR was and that I was gross...

Now tell me...does that behaviour define a perv?

I tell you this gossip queen is probably one of the reasons for the high staff turnover. She'll make up things from nothing. She is a magician - twist things around until you don't even know where it came from. She should really be a writer for tabloid mags and make things up..."Helen Clark and Don Brash - having a baby"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like an issue to take up with HR!